What do you get when you combine warm summer nights, the ambiance of a roaring fire, and picturesque landscaping? A personal escape right in your backyard!
The best part about a backyard project is you can make it as unique and elaborate as your imagination (and budget) will allow! Here are a few things to consider when designing your backyard oasis:
- Who will you share this space with? If it’s just an intimate space for you and your family, a small seating area should suffice. For entertaining guests at large gatherings consider creating an outdoor kitchen featuring a wrap-around bar.
- When will you spend time in your space? If you envision spending Sunday afternoons in the warm sun you may want to add some shade with a pergola or awning. If summer nights are your go-to, ambient lighting is a must! Opt for hanging bistro lights or solar-powered lights to illuminate your walkway.
- Do you want ongoing maintenance? If you enjoy the labor of love that is maintaining your landscape then opt for plenty of plants and grass. If you prefer a low-maintenance set up consider installing a large patio. The same goes for choosing your materials! Wood needs care every few years, such as repairing rot and restaining while vinyl will last a lifetime maintenance-free.
- Do you want to tend to a fire? Some people love the process of building the perfect campfire, but if ease of use is more your speed, opt for a propane firepit.
- Know your yard! If you have a septic system, make sure you do not compromise it by building on it. If you have low spots in your yard that tend to collect water, avoid building there and do not build in an area that will promote drainage towards your home.
Ready to start your backyard transformation? Contact the experts at Outdoor Escapes, they make outdoor living easy!
112 Old Pocasset Road
Johnston, RI 02919
Mon–Fri: 8:30am – 6pm
Sat: 9am – 12pm