How well do you think your oral care is? We all know the basic tips for having a bright smile; Brush, and floss, twice a day and, use mouthwash. However, there are some uncommon tips that you might not know. This month, Dental RI would like to share these dental tips to help keep your smile clean and bright!
- Dentists Recommend Using A Toothbrush With Soft Bristles
- It is recommended that you use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Too much pressure and aggressive brushing can negatively impact your enamel and gums.
- The Proper Brushing Technique
- The proper brushing technique is to brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle to the gums. Gently move the brush back and forth in short strokes. Remember to brush all surfaces including, the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of your teeth.
- Avoid A Dry Mouth By Drinking Water
- Bacteria loves a dry mouth, as it has the ability to thrive. To combat this, drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Rinse Your Floss
- It is very important to floss after brushing your teeth. Make sure to rinse your floss after flossing each tooth or use a different portion. If you don’t, you’re basically just transferring bacteria to a different tooth – you wouldn’t want that!
- Foods That Help
- The right foods can actually help your oral health! Coconut oil is great for your teeth. The coconut oil attacks the harmful bacteria living in your mouth. It can reduce plaque buildup, prevent tooth decay, and gum disease. Plus, it tastes great! Many kinds of toothpaste come with it as an active ingredient.
We love helping our patients get and keep shiny smiles. If you need more care or are searching for a new dentist, come talk to Dental RI! Dr. Dawn Gallucci is now accepting new patients. She is a trusted dental professional who has been serving Rhode Island for many years and would love to help you!
Visit Dental RI at 1249 Oaklawn Ave, Cranston RI 02920 or call 401-464-8000.